GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT MAS HORNI POMORAVI
About Our Organization
MAS Horní Pomoraví is a non-profit organization/ a local action group. The organization was established in 2006. The main goal of the organization is focused on the development of our region (economically weak, sub montane, frontier area) in accordance with the principle of sustainable development. The development is based on the efficient use of local resources and works in cooperation with a wide range of partners.
The headquarters of the organization is in Hanušovice and the contact office is in Zábřeh. We currently have 12 employees and we continuously cooperate with other external sources and volunteers.
What we do:
1) Regularly/On a Daily Basis/Daily Goals/ Everyday Tasks:
– We look for financial, educational and organizational resources within the LEADER strategic plan (the overall strategic plan of educational, financial and organization development of the project/region). We make public announcements offering financial support for regional projects and help applicants to develop and implement their plan. In addition to LEADER, we also make use of regional grants, countryside revitalization programs, state environmental fund programs, and other resources.
– We operate our Information Center in Hanušovice – We provide information about tourist attractions, cultural, social, and sporting events, etc. to the public.
– We are the founders of the Regional Trademark JESENIKY – This trademark represents original products from the Jesenik Mountain Region. It includes handcraft products, locally grown food and agriculture and catering services and accommodation facilities. We help local businesses within the trademark with marketing and PR. We organize markets and promote their products/services at different events like seminars and visitor tours.
– Long Term Projects in Education – We are trying to improve the quality of education in basic schools and kindergartens for student and teachers by cooperating with local organizations in both formal and non-formal education forums. We organize seminars, lectures, and workshops, where new teaching methods are introduced to teachers and parents, school founders and other non-profit organizations active in education. These events allow teachers to collaborate and share examples of effective teaching strategies. We also prepare activities for children to introduce new learning approaches in education.
Cooperation also consists of a shared native speaker and intercultural education.
– Senior Citizen Community– We organize virtual universities for senior citizens seeking additional education and other physical activities to engage the elderly in an active lifestyle.
–Projects and Cooperation in the Social Field – We help long-term unemployed people in our region return to the labor market by offering courses to prepare them for a professional work environment like preparing CVs, and classes on how to operate different technologies. We cooperate with other NGO´s to improve the quality of life for socially disadvantaged people in the region.
– We organize annual Community Events for example, the “Ball of the Institute of Disabled People” and activities for “Czech’s Day Against Cancer”
– We are also active in preserving traditions while improving community life. We renew regional fairy tales and legends, which are a treasure to Czech Republic’s identity and traditions. This helps encourage adults to be active in learning with the children of the community.
– In the popular season we often organize cultural and sporting events to support a community life in villages and towns of the region. With some activities we often work with volunteers. These volunteers are mostly students from the region who help us with the preparation and throughout the duration of the events. Volunteers can offer regional products, lead fun and active activities for children and senior citizens and/or take photos and videos during events.
- Community Development – Along with our core, daily activities in the area of regional development, we would like to welcome other cultures to the region. We want to spread the positive benefits other cultures have to offer. We hope our community can have the mental capacity to perceive situations differently, think independently and to look for different or unique solutions to problems or calls, etc. Project activities will help the local communities within the region to share more European values.
- Development/Growth of our Non-Profit Organization. Thanks to the implementation of the project, we can be a part of a network of organizations working with volunteers on an international scale. This provides a wonderful opportunity to share experiences, engage in mutual learning and inspiration, and provides an open platform to acknowledge other ideas.
- Personal Growth of Volunteers – This project will allow our organization to show young people the importance of work for the public. We hope to motivate them and teach them skills, which will be applicable in their career. Through non-formal education, volunteers get practical work skills like learning to work in a team, to respect other’s ideas and collaborate to work toward a common goal. They will learn responsibility; entrepreneurial strategies for the development of the community and through example understand their role as a member of their own community. They soon find that they are able to see the benefits from the use of teamwork rather quickly.
- Development of Volunteer Service In Our Region – The presentation of our project’s results will give a positive perception of the volunteer service and the Erasmus program to our region.
- Development of the Region/Community – Execution of specific activities in cooperation with volunteers, local businesses, and schools in support of multicultural education.
- Development of the Organization – Strengthening the working team with new perspectives, innovative approaches to young people and at the same time, gaining new experiences by growing the international project and working with volunteers communicating in a foreign language. Lastly, marketing and promotion of our organization.